Knowing When to Partner –
Accelerating the National NCD Response
In the aftermath of the Third United Nations General Assembly High-level Meeting on NCDs, the WHO GCM/NCD, in collaboration with the European Health Forum Gastein and the Management Center Innsbruck, convened representatives of governments, academia, and the private sector to explore key challenges and identify partnership opportunities to advance the NCD agenda at global, regional and national levels.
The workshop discussed critical challenges to advancing the implementation of the political commitments of the recent 3rd High-level Meeting on NCDs and the 2030 SDG Agenda. Speakers included:
- Professor Ilona Kickbusch, The Graduate Institute, Geneva, Switzerland
- Ms Taru Koivisto, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
- Mr Greg Perry, International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations, Switzerland
- Professor Sir Michael Marmot, Institute of Health Equity, University College London
- Professor Siegfried Walch, Management Center Innsbruck, Austria
The WHO Global Coordination on the Prevention and Control of NCDs also announced two important projects:
- Knowledge Action Portal (KAP) â€“ a new community-driven platform which will act as a central hub for multisectoral and multistakeholder engagement, and
- Community of Practice (CoP) on NCDs and the commercial determinants of health (CDoH) â€“ an on-line network of experts developing knowledge, sharing best practices and country case studies on the focused thematic area of NCD prevention and control.
For more information on the KAP and to hear more about the CoP on NCDs and the CDoH, please visit here.