Virginie Woisard is Ass. Professor in ENT and Phoniatrics. She founded the voice and deglutition unit in the Universitary Hospital of Toulouse (France) 20 years ago. She created the Oncorehabilitation Unit in the Cancer Institute of Toulouse in 2014 and is also the head if the Reeducation center for laryngectomized patients in the Universitary Hospital of Toulouse.
She is devoted teacher, leader of the Universitary Logopedic Training Center of Toulouse and reseacher mainly in the fields of speech disorders as member of Octogone-Lordat Lab, Jean Jaurés university Toulouse II.
She is the General secretary of the French Phoniatricians Society scince 2015
Past positions and honors
- 2009-2010: president of the European Group of research in Dysphagia and Globus
- 2002-2003: President of the Union of European Phoniatrics
- 2002-2003: President of the French Phoniatricians Society
- 2007-2015: Vice president Research and Innovation direction of the university hospital of Toulouse
Clinical and research interests
- Rehabilitation of voice, speech and swallowing disorders
- Rehabilitation in Head and Neck cancer and Neuro-Oncology
- Prevention and early diagnosis in in Head and Neck cancer