Dr. Sara Ferman, PhD
Areas of Specialty:
- Characteristics and limitations of creating long term memory for language skills (rules & words).
- Working memory and language functions
- Effect of age and gender as well as learning conditions (e.g., sleep, variability, interference) on the ability to learn language skills
- Reading & writing: characteristics and limitations
- Artificial language (rules & words).
- Behavioral long-term on-line follow-up
- Mapping learning (memory) and language capabilities
- Behavioral measures: accuracy & Speed (Reaction Time)
Populations of Focus:
- Typical populations
- Atypical populations: SLI, naming deficits, learning disorders, dyslexia, ASD, low SES, hearing impaired, bilinguals.
Early childhood – late adulthood
“If you can dream it you can do it”